September 12, 2009

TGIF~9/11/09

TGIF....Thank God It's Friday! We say this so often, well, every friday for most of us. But when we say it, are we actually doing it? David and I are going to make it our personal goal to spend a little time each week(on friday) to focus on the things we are thankful for. To really THANK GOD for the things he has given us. I challenge everyone to do the same. Today is 9/11(well, yesterday actually, since Im writing this at 12:26am). While listening to the radio, a song played with the voices of a 911 call, and a call from a man to his wife as the Twin Tower were falling down around them. My heart sank as I realized I had not told my family that I loved them .
Today, I thank God for giving me the breath to speak the words I love you to my kids and husband.
Today, I thank God for giving me a job. I complain everyday about my job. But He has provided me with two wonderful families who trust me to watch their kids each day. They pay me wonderfully, and I couldnt be more grateful for that.
Today, I thank God for baby wipes. Between David and I, we killed 7 spiders in our house....HUGE spiders I might add. Baby wipes seem to make them "crunch" less than toilet paper. I also couldn't imagine cleaning up all the poopy diapers I do with toilet paper. :)
Today, I thank God for my Family. I am surrounded by most of my family here in Boise. Everyone got together for my 24th birthday this past weekend. We had a BBQ, roasted "smellows", and ate OH so good strawberry cheese cake. My family is the best, and I dont know what I would do with out them.
Tanner, Bailey(my lil sister), Zac and baby Joe Joe

GGmom and GGpop

Tanner, Zac, Gammi, Poopa and Ky all roasting "smellows" around the fire! Ky's first time roasting smellows! He loved it!




No comments:

Post a Comment