September 25, 2009

TGIF! 9/25/09

Thank God it's Friday! This week a young girl we know lost her father. He was a young, healthy 45 year old Dad. It was the unexpected when he went in for a routine Dr. visit. Today, I thank God for giving me the last 24 years with my Dad. He has always been there for me, always stood by my side in my decisions, and has always given me every ounce of love he's got. At our couples Bible study this week, we were asked "Who is the most loving person you know, and what does their life look like?" My answer was my dad. His heart is a cup running over with love. God’s love. Without God, he would be nothing. But with God, he is everything. He is everything that I strive to be. An amazing servant, an awesome believer, a strong spouse, and a wonderful parent. Thank you God for giving me a great an AMAZING Dad to look up to.



(And by the way....Happy Birthday tomorrow Dad!!)

 
We had our first "Couples with young children" Bible study group, held at our house. It was amazing. David and I have really been struggling with not having many friends here. Since we moved back to Idaho, we have been so busy and wrapped up in our lives, that we haven’t taken the time to find any christian friends. And the only ones we do have (Yes you Josh and Kim); we don’t take the time to spend with them. We have spent a lot of time talking and praying about it, and this was a new step we were going to take.to host a bible study group for our church. We had 4 other couples over, so we ended up with 10 adults, and 8 kids in our house! It was crazy, but so much fun. I can’t wait to get to know each family better, and start making some real friends. :) Today, I thank God for providing us the room in our house to host this bible study. I thank God for giving us the time, and the willingness. And I thank God for giving us the big Push we needed to get walking in the right direction again.

And after a LONG week; today, I thank God for giving us weekends!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment